Well, I finally took the plunge and quit my job.
It feels great, but at the same time it is actually quite scary. Really though, my job was just average and one that I could replace with night-time bar work if I needed.
Also, over the past couple years I have been building a network marketing business to the point that I now feel comfortable that I can support myself and my travel adventures on that income – perhaps more-so than having to spend 40 hour of my week working for a boss (that i didn’t really like).
Anyway, enough about me… let’s look at you and with that in mind I though I’d put down some of the things that were going through my head when I decided to take the plunge and leave my job!
1. The ability to scale down or up pretty fast.
In the case of owning or renting an office space, the size of your business is limited to the size of the space you have rented. If you signed a long-term lease for instance, you may not be able to size down on space in case you need to downsize your business. The reverse is also true. However, while working from home, you are able to hire more or fewer people, depending on your business needs. On the same note you are also able to either work longer or shorter hours, depending on your business operations.
2. Personal freedom.
This is arguably one of the best advantages of starting a home-based business. If you are growing frustrated with spending hours on traffic, then you may have new-found freedom in working from home. By working from home, you have plenty of hours to regain full control of your life. Additionally, there are no bosses to report to, no set work schedule to follow and you don’t need to adhere to a particular dress code.
3. You keep all the money your business generates.
The principle behind this is quite simple; by working harder, you make more money. Most importantly, the level of your earning potential is dictated by your level of input. In this respect, you do not depend on a pay raise or promotion to earn more. By working harder, you stand higher chances of increasing your earning potential.
4. Increased opportunities for personal growth.
Thanks to the effects of globalization, many industries are on a slump. The prospects of finding good-paying jobs are scarce and promotional opportunities are also shrinking. This means that starting a home business is the best way to create opportunities that generate income.
5. Reduced overhead costs.
Working from home also comes with the added advantage of keeping your overheads at the lowest minimum. Since you are not renting any office space or paying for office utilities, you are able to save on such things. And because you are not commuting, you are also able to save on gas as well as wear and tear on your car.
6. You have plenty of time for family and friends.
This is very important, especially for parents with school-going kids. Since you have more free time, you can see off your kids to school. Additionally, most days you are in when they come back from school. This increases the bond between you and your family. However, in the case of working from office, you rarely have time to interact with your family and most of the time, you come home late when the kids are already asleep.
7. Flexible working hours (MORE TRAVEL!).
In sharp contrast to office work, working from home provides you with flexible working hours to enable you indulge in other engagements. For instance, you may choose to work first thing in the morning or late at night. This is a great bonus for entrepreneurs who are juggling other engagements and, say, children. Most importantly, you can keep in touch with your clients and follow up on suppliers at any time of the day through email, phone and fax.
Those are just seven of the many benefits of starting a home based business. I would recommend three resources to any of you reading this that are in a similar position to me of wanting more choices and freedom and considering home business as the answer.
1) The Home Business Hub. This website is super-jam-packed with tips and information about earning income from home and they have a great article from mums that are looking to work from home also.
3) The Network Marketing Hub. My chosen path is network marketing, or MLM, so I am a supporter of any website that features content on this business model. The network marketing hub has some fantastic content and some amazing training on topics not normally covered, such as investing in bought leads.
4) Binary options trading reviews website. This is a new-ish way of making extra money, also known as options trading, a leading company is Banc De binary and this website reviews the company in details. If you have ever thought about trading stocks, shares and currencies, Binary Options could be for you.